Monday, January 23, 2006

misc.

I'm penciled in as a chaperone for Will's Living Science Expedition. Today I realize I'll have to take off the last three days of the month, which is always the busiest time for me. Pray that everything works out.

Last Sunday morning there were several patches of ice on the North Point parking lot and sidewalks...I was scared I was going to slip myself. May have to visit SPdL on the 29th to hear Bill Curry.

Since I cut my teeth on 24's last season, and now I've started this season, I need to finish this season before I could watch any earlier seasons.

Lang appears to be having fun with the NBA.com blog.

My wild guess which team was won the most playoff games in the Super Bowl era...Dallas (or the Steelers). I was right, except Denver was in second, ahead of the Steelers. Will is doing something similar today, for this year's playoffs. You know that eventually I'll have something similar...during the World Series I compiled a list of the baseball playoffs going all the way back to when I was born (I know I still have a way's to go!).

I also have another list by year of stuff that's happened during my lifetime...what I was doing (grade, church, address, car, etc), hit movies and TV shows, presidents, Heisman, World Series, and super bowl winners, stuff the kids are doing, vacations, choir trips and camps, Falcons QBs, etc.

Could've gone to the Pistons game Wednesday night...sorry I missed that one, even thought the Hawks didn't finish well.

The Panthers are banged up, but it seems like there are a few Seahawks getting in trouble. Should be a close game. I'd like Carolina if they had a running back and Julius Peppers. The AFC game should be good as well...both teams playing well. (at least I was half right).

At work I agree that you should have the option of not having to put up with whatever criteria you don’t want to. I had meant that currently, once you finish one deadline for one thing, there are time constraints looming for the next thing. And I’m in a similar boat in terms of salary…if faced with the hopes of no more than minimal increases, why have to face the constant pressure with no payoff.

The last time I had checked out Todd’s blog, he hadn’t posted in a while, so I’ll have to check back. Andy mentioned someone’s blog or writing recently and I immediately thought of Todd, but it didn’t sound like him.

Dawn, Ceil’s roommate when they were single living in Columbia SC, came to visit. Myron, her husband, was our current group leader’s roommate in Columbia...Lee. So when they visit Atlanta they can both visit friends. When Will and I went to Washington with Lee and his daughter, we stayed with them in Fredericksburg. Myron was an accountant in Columbia before he joined the FBI, which he seems to enjoy. They moved to Jacksonville and Ocala before Virginia.

We want financial security, but it’s hard to stop spending on day to day stuff. I need to do better at planning and giving Ceil information, and we need to get back to the envelope system.

No comments: