Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Will Receives Vaccine

Yesterday at his hospital Will received his covid vaccination. No side effects. Said it didn’t hurt, except for the shot. In Massachusetts convicted felons in jail will be receiving the vaccine before anyone else, except the politicians.

Last Thursday night we were watching the national news when the commentator said “After the commercial we’ll be talking with a poll watcher from Georgia.” Looked up and saw Suzi Voyles on the screen. A week before a video of Suzi testifying had been on the news. After the commercial they talked to Suzi, who had good info to share, but you could tell she was nervous. Just learned that the next day (this past Friday) Suzi was removed from her position as a poll watcher.

https://mb.ntd.com/georgia-whistleblowers-fired-before-senate-runoff-elections_542436.html?fbclid=IwAR1uj6Rk85oQkiJrVNjEWBzq-M7tSvoN8ounfNCt1E48l7hEhat0pMfuW70 

Left work at five on Monday. Stopped for gas. Also stopped at my regular Dollar Tree. It’s the only store still open in a big old Target shopping center. Never saw that many cars there before. Went in and really didn’t see that many people, or a long line to check out, so I started picking up a few items. Did pass a few people that weren’t too concerned with distancing themselves. Made my way to the back of the store, where some people seemed to be just hanging around. I looked around and realized they were all in line to check out. The single checkout line had stretched all the way down one aisle, then all the way across the back aisle of the store. No telling how long the line stretched after that. Only one employee checking people out. I put my items back on the shelf and walked out.

Ceil cooked chicken tetrazzini, broccoli, and tossed a salad. Watched Wheel of Fortune, an old Jeopardy rerun with Ken Jennings closing in on two million (and Alex skating with the Toronto Maple Leafs). Started a Hallmark movie but went to bed before it finished. Haven’t been sleeping well lately, including last night. For the most part I haven’t been drinking any caffeine.

Tuesday: packed up and left right at 5 pm yesterday. Left the office and hadn’t driven far when I realized I’d left my jacket at my desk. No problem, I have other jackets, I thought – even though I might not be returning to the office until January 4. Drove further and was getting close to a store I wanted to stop at. I was at a red light so I was checking to make sure I had everything to get out of the car. Couldn’t find my wallet. Then I realized my wallet was in my jacket pocket, back at the office. I made a U turn and headed back to the office. Drove back to the store, and could tell by the cars in the parking lot that there was a long line to check out. Drove to a second Dollar Tree and there was no wait. Then drove to the East Cobb Circle K to cash in two free coupons.

It was almost 7 pm before I got home. Turned on Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy but didn’t really watch. Later I watched a couple of Seinfeld episodes.

Worked from 7 – 11 am this morning, then to West Marietta for a graveside service. The father of my other friend Reid passed away early Monday morning, after a long illness (not covid).

I only have a day and a half of vacation remaining for the rest of the year. New Year’s Eve isn’t a holiday, so I have to use a day for that. Here’s the schedule:

22 T last day in office

23 W funeral, work 1/2 day at home

24 T family day at W&MC’s

25 F AM at W&MC’s

26 S watch bowl games

27 S wedding reception

28 M work from home

29 T work from home

30 W work from home

31 T new year’s eve

01 F watch GA, Clemson, Bama

02 S normal weekend

03 S normal weekend

04 M back to work, small group

VIDA BLUE  [SABR Bio] is the only pitcher to win a game for both leagues in the All-Star Game. ASG W 1971 AL representing OAK, Won again a decade later representing the NL’s SFG. These were the first and last of Blue’s six AS selections. In 1971, one-of-a-kind A’s owner Charles O. Finley offered Blue a $2,000 bonus (about $13,000 in 2020) if he’d legally change his first name to “True”.  Blue dismissed the paltry offer, but that season, and in following ones, used his first name “Vida” on the back of his jersey instead of his last name, to spite the owner's effort. He teamed with Bud Black on the 1982-83 Royals, but neither was a bruiser at that point in their careers.

No comments: