Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Bad Times All Around

Will was so frustrated after Monday’s game that he was almost in tears. He ate up inferior teams Saturday and got 2 hits in Sunday game one, then got frustrated against good pitchers Sunday evening and Monday, flailing at the first pitch. Monday he let 2 tough grounders get under his glove, & pulled the 1B off the bag on another. Playing halfway he threw home to get a runner, but didn’t put as much on the throw as he should’ve, and the ball arrived just as the runner slud into the catcher, and the ball was dropped.

They were playing a good team who sprinted off the field and always fired the ball around…not for show, they were a sharp, well-coached team…hard-hitting. Will came in to pitch and they lit him up, scoring 4 runs. At least he threw strikes; he only walked the little last batter, who walked all 3 times he batted. Then a batter hit a walk-off HR…his run put the run rule into effect.

Yesterday Ceil took him to get a new glove and arranged a batting lesson with one of his old coaches. Last night he was back hitting line drives, and made most of the tough plays in the field. Without their best hitter (Will ranks about 4th) the Prowlers lost to an elite East Cobb team.

Anna has been spending lots of time on sleepovers and with friends. Matthew had a rare sleepover friend at our house last night. I took them swimming from 8:45 to 9:45. Since no one was there, I walked laps around the pool.

I’m getting crotchety in my old age. Hacks me off that no one listens or reads emails. Our lives are easier with this VMI, but we’re still several months away from having things running right. Me and my group rarely receive credit for all we do.

The big boss commented positively on my loafers today. I’m sure I’m thinking too much, but it made me want to get a pair of wing tips. Upper management has directed him to wear a tie during this “economical downturn” so I’ve tried to dress nicer as well (just no tie). My area of the office is ten degrees warmer than other areas, since I’m next to the western wall. It’s hot in the afternoons, so I did trade dress shirts for nice golf shirts.

My work neighbor spent last week in Sea Grove Beach, not far east of Destin.

No comments: