Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Braves Phillies

Last bobblehead game of the year,
so I broke down and bought a ticket.
This year at a few of the bobblehead games the lines at the gates were long at 4 pm, an hour and a half early. So I left work extra early - 2:15. Got behind a fire truck on 285 so I made good time. Dropped off two bobbles with a buyer in the Battery, then was still among the first in line at the Chop House Gate. During the long wait in the 94 degree heat two fans had to be carted off for medical attention.    
Had a nice chats in line with Darrell, Red and his mom, the old couple from Tennessee, Larry the Usher, and the lady in the Braves shoes. Saw Kevin and the couple from Rome. Later I ran into Duke fan Michael, who like me was wearing his 1969 pinstripe jersey, matching the one on the Hank Aaron bobblehead given out. 
After gates opened I did more walking: from the Chop House Gate to the First base Gate to see miss Marion. Then back to the Right Field Gate with Michael, then halfway around the stadium and upstairs looking for a guy, then downstairs to give him the bobble he'd bought. Checked to see if there would be a pregame parade (no), back by Miss Marion, then to the customer service booth for my free Coke Zero. Then to centerfield to sit for a spell. 
These photos ain't in order. After resting in centerfield I realized my actual seat was in the shade. Made a tactical error and walked counterclockwise, not realizing my seat was nearby had I walked clockwise. I'd worn a blister on my foot walking in my black leather Jack Purcell sneakers. Not exactly walking shoes.


Miss Marion had remembered to gift me with a recent giveaway I'd missed: Blooper backpack clips. As Anna would say: Love!
Stole this photo from Johnny Pierce.
I'm across the way in the third deck, below the top deck, second section from the left, one of the white blobs in the middle.
Checked out the Clubhouse Store. Prices still expensive.
 Usually I take my brick photo in the center memorial section. Spanning out to the left and right (to the First Base Gate to the right and Third Base Gate to the left) are the regular bricks, with messages from fans who'd bought bricks. A few sections have yet to be filled. Each section's center brick has the name of a Braves player: Lemke, Pendleton, Blauser. Horner. Poor Gene Garber's brick must be loney.

No comments: