Thursday, March 04, 2021

First Bite: Dawson's Kitchen

Busy day. Everything took longer than expected. Will had come down to do things with me, which was tremendous. 
Driving around Macon Tuesday, I spotted an interesting out of the way home cooking restaurant on a side street in Payne City, a small old mill town inside Macon's city limits. It's where I played Little League. Will and I ate lunch there at Dawson's Kitchen outside on the deck. W got the fried chicken, and added hot sauce on his mac & cheese and other side dish. I had beef tips on rice, with broccoli casserole, mac & cheese, & cornbread. Good stuff.

Just realized Dawson's Kitchen was founded by my friend from elementary school, Dawson Moore. Dawson passed away just three months ago.

Got a decent amount of work done this afternoon between phone calls and other stuff, like the funeral home and a little work. Though I'd went to bed the night before at 9:45 and woke up at eight (when Ceil called) I felt okay all day until about 4:30, when I ran out of energy and my back started hurting.

Didn't get sleepy on the longer than usual drive home (due to a wreck). Spent a good chunk of the 2-1/2 hour drive on the phone. I felt like I'd been talking all day, much more than a normal work day.

I can sleep in tomorrow morning, and take it easy a little bit. I don't have to go to the office, but do need to attend to some funeral details. Speaking of, the service will be March 12 in Macon, at my dad's small church, New Heights Baptist. Want to lead singing?

No comments: