Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Matthew Swings / Anna Sings

I had registered Anna (and Will) to be weather-kids for the Christian radio station. Friday afternoon I got a call letting me know that Anna had been selected to be the student weather girl on the radio station 104.7FM. This morning they called the house at 6 AM, and Anna repeated back the weather, and they edited the tape and put her on the air. She wasn't thrilled. We won a McDonalds breakfast for her "class".


Matthew had taken greater interest in baseball after his 2004 season ended, practiced more, and last year in Shetland made contact of the coach's pitches most of the time. Saturday I told him to swing away, and he missed those pitches in the dirt, but made contact on the only pitch in the zone. He has a nice swing, just not much power.

He also paid more attention in the field last year. The only time he played pitcher he fielded the ball cleanly and got rid of it quickly, but the first-baseman wasn't able to hold on...three times this happened in the one inning. So Matthew won't be a star, but I think he'll be a solid contributor. But we'll all have a fun year!


Both Scott and Steve were looking forward to getting out again last night. Lee is out of town, but did mention he would miss getting such a deal. Reid doesn’t have to feel any pressure…this movie might keep you awake more, or you can pull a Lee and nap during the movie. We saw Aeon Flux (PG-13) at 9:55 and saved Derailed (R) at 9:50 for later, since it just opened.


We have been lucky going to IKEA…it’s either been just before closing on a weeknight, or early Saturday morning. We haven’t been in a while.

I mailed the last of my Wendy’s coupons last week, after waiting to make sure all the credits had posted to Ceil’s account. Currently all posted to mine and Ceil’s accounts…32 credits each. I need to check my dad’s account to update, but so far so good.

The big issue at home is whether to get a dog. I’m against, as I’m the only one looking at our finances. I’ll list it with all the other things we need and let Ceil prioritize.

Interesting that Boston traded Marte. Like the Yankees, they want to win now.

I was going to ask about the Bill Curry speech. I had wanted to go, but Matthew was sick and Ceil had a function she couldn’t miss. Saw the ad in the AJC on Saturday. Sounds like it was good…he’s really been out there in the public trying to land the job.

Late yesterday afternoon I saw the ad during the golf tourney about registering at http://www.buick.com/ Tiger was one back with fives holes to go, so I fired up the computer and registered. The submit button wasn’t working on the web site, so I’m not sure if it went through or not. We were watching the tourney and the first playoff hole, but when they went to the second playoff hole, we started the DVD…Finding Neverland…so the kids could get to bed.

No comments: