Monday, September 04, 2006

August Month End Thoughts

This month end is busy for me, the way some costs are going down, I need to make certain things happen before month end. Though I’ve already done a bunch, there’s more to go.

Degrees of separation…I remembered that one time Susan Coley said something about somehow knowing young Jeff Francoeur back in their Gwinnett County days.

Taking your kids to the game is certainly a different experience than going with grownups/buddies, etc. The older they get the easier it is to go, but already Will has conflicts…other things he’d rather do. Anna doesn’t like to go, but I haven’t told her that I’ve been parking a lot closer than I used to…much less of a walk.

Sounds like Davies is in good shape and had two good outings in Richmond…hopefully will be a boost, but like you said, middle relief was the key. Hudson allowed those runners and Cox took him out…Hudson looked frustrated, but it didn’t seem to show in postgame interviews. Would’ve been a good game to be at.

Will had practice Tuesday, and with Coach Henry at the schedule making meeting, I conducted the practice, with the help from two dads. All the pitchers got to throw off the weird fake mound (sturdy plywood covered with carpet), everyone took lots of grounders and fly balls in the infield and outfield, and everyone hit a bucket of balls in the cage. Not being in shape, I wore myself out…hitting fungos for a while, then catching 4 or 5 pitchers throwing 20 pitches, then throwing 4 buckets of balls in the cage…about 300 throws. I’m usually a terrible BP pitcher, so I moved the fence closer and used an overhand flip, and it worked out well. Will was the last batter, and as everyone else left, asked to hit an extra bucket…a good sign. The “younger” guys are actually a little in awe of Will, so he needs to not goof off so much and be a good example.

No comments: