Friday, September 08, 2006

More 2007 Braves Talk

Glavine was asked about returning to the Braves next year, and he said there were only two teams he’d want to play for next year…and he’s played for both of them already. The Mets can pick up his option, but he can meet incentives to make next year 14 million. Last night he won number 288, and he may just want to win 12 and get out.

I was also noticing all the starters we’ll have next year. This morning I was updating my Braves player spreadsheet…who were the major players this year, and today I added the 2007 column. I wondered the same about Davies…perhaps they’ll trade him or Ramirez for a LF. I remembered Boyer, and what you’ve said, that the bullpen will be better next year. What is the contract status of Thompson and Reitsma…and especially Baez? He may be better pitching in LA, the north, or a dome, the way he sweats. Guess with MM, Boyer, and Devine, they don’t need to spend money on Baez.

Will’s first game is tomorrow, but that’s all that’s on tap this weekend. Nothing good at the Picture Show, except the Lake House.

No comments: