Monday, September 25, 2006

Notes From the Sept.11th Week

I have to work two weeks in Orlando, so I figured I’d take the family one of the weeks. They never go on my business trips, except Charlotte, but I can’t figure out a less expensive way to swing an Orlando vacation. My old boss Steve, now in Orlando, is certainly ok with it. Next week I’m booked with all the other conversion helpers in a north Orlando Courtyard at $139.00 a night…hopefully I can get a comparable rate closer to Disney in October, that has a shuttle. The Orlando plant was a company we purchased last year that is just now going on our computer system, and I’ll train and help with that. Next week is training, and then they go live October 2nd. They are already entering orders on our system; they just bill them until October. Steve has lined up other helpers from the Jacksonville, Miami, and Tampa offices to come help as well. Four plants in Florida are too many…eventually some will probably be closed. Tampa will probably be the first to go. Orlando has the most modern and largest facility. Miami does a bunch of export business, which could save them.

With so much going on, Ceil’s not too keen about this trip right now. Jenny’s death, Anna’s birthday, and the Charlotte trip all took away from starting off the school year…this week Andrew’s hospital stay has slowed stuff down. I will keep moving forward with the plans, since this is such a good opportunity…similar to the Wendy’s cups. I’m sure this is one of the better times to hit Orlando…I always wanted to go at an off time.

Our plants are taking physical inventory today and tomorrow. Usually this doesn’t effect my department, but I did have to spend 15 minutes on it this morning. If they plus in material at inventory, I don’t get the gain by receiving the material on my stock PO…we worked it out. I’ve got to get in the mode of preparing for Orlando. Just when I’ve almost caught up, I’ll be gone 2 out of the next 3 weeks, so my desk will be nice and messy when I get back.

We may have a special small group meeting tonight to pray for Andrew Hall, but you would think the Halls would have a lot going on…dad Reid is busy at work as well.

When people talk about all the great young pitchers the Marlins develop, they forget the Braves have produced several of our own, even in the last few years…and still have some in the minors. Who would’ve thought James would win 10 games this year? Seems like there are a few clear thinking people out there on the AJC blogs, at least.

Guess that first game Wednesday night was typical of the whole season…we scored enough runs to win, and they bullpen (& poor fielding) gives it up. Seems like more than any year in recent memory there have been many fielding miscues that have led to losses.

Coach Henry hurt his leg again playing tennis, so I’ll be busy. He just started going to the little Presbyterian Church near us, where Will goes on Wed. nights with friends. I took Anna to Claire’s in the Avenue to get some earrings…a rare experience for me. After practice I took my kids to Taco Bell…they never get to go there with Ceil, so I took them there instead of Moes.

No comments: