Friday, December 08, 2006

Letter to Uni-Watch

I’m sure you are familiar with the Braves distinctive “feather” unis worn by Hank Aaron in the 1970’s. Since polyester unis were coming into use around that time, I always assumed those were double-knit. I was amazed to find a wool feather jersey on display in the Braves museum at Turner Field…evidently worn at least for the first year.

I did agree the Braves grey flannel jersey on display in Cincinnati was a thing a beauty, with the Indian Chief sleeve patch and dark tomahawk. Guess in these politically correct times we’ll never see an Indian patch on a regular basis.

Chin straps…give me the simple two-fastener model, like Brett Farve. I adore that Packer helmet from the early 60’s, with the wonderful old grey facemask. Hey! On the HelmetHut site are photos of a Chicago Bears early-1960s reunion…but the caption reads looking to the future” instead of the past. Is this a typo, or are the Bears joining the ranks and returning to a throwback helmet? (Paul replied - he'll look into this).

MORE: Who I like is a factor in who I pick, which isn't good. I don't like Ohio State.

Our office has been invited to the company dinner at a place down from the Buckhead Waffle House...Fogo de Chow. Next Thursday. I'm getting old...can't eat as much, don't really want to eat as much. Used to love places like Golden Corral, but we went there for lunch yesterday and I didn't really enjoy it. Fogo should be better, but I'm not a huge beef man.The company should be ok, but spouses aren't invited. Hope to get to know Tom Browning, who used to play basketball at Tech...perhaps for Coach Hyder. Heard of him? I'm guessing he's about 60 years old.

No comments: