Friday, December 08, 2006

Nice Braves Trade

I was reading Dave O'Brien's AJC.com blog as the Rameriz trade unfolded Wednesday night, while Ceil and Anna watched HGTV White House Christmas. This morning I had a message from the famous Sleepless In Seattle, saying the Braves got the better end of the deal.

O'Brien thought the LaRoche-to-Pittsburgh deal was off the table, as was a Giles/LaRoche-to-Baltimore deal. That Pittsburgh closer looks great on paper...JS must've backed off due to his heath. Sounds like any deal to get Rocko Baldelli from TB would be a long-shot...I'd rather keep Hudson.

Good reading: Dave O'Brien's piece on the Braves being over-budget. Sounds like they're resigned to playing Thorman due to salary considerations. Hopefully they'll be able to get something good for Giles, and not just give him away. The Angels' Chone Figgins/1B prospect deal wouldn't be too bad...I remember the initial letdown when the Braves got Estrada for Millwood...then Estrada made the All-Star team (then we gave him away due to salary constraints).

Also watched the end of the Hawks win...nice. Hopefully these close wins will continue to pile up.

Over the last week the thought had crossed my mind that I never check for comments on Sac Fly…usually after I post a blog I view the blog quickly to double-check for errors, but I rarely scan down the page. Then last night I was checking my yahoo email, and there was an email from yesterday alerting me to the blog comment. So should I ever get comments, I’ll know eventually, as I only check my yahoo email every few days. I need to change it to my other email, which I check a couple of times a day.

My FoxSports blog actually has a few dedicated readers, based on the responses I get. One guy mainly checks out my Falcons posts, and another reads the Braves posts. Yesterday he asked had I heard any trade talks, shortly before I posted some of the jabber we had discussed the last couple of days. Every now and then a real active and popular FoxSports blogger will add a comment/compliment, which is nice. I rarely comment on other FoxSports blogs because I don’t have the time, but every now and then get sucked into commenting on Uni-Watch, which I’ve taken to reading daily.

No comments: