Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Bowling For Dollars

Will and I attended the bowling fundraiser on Cobb Parkway, just below the South Loop. With it being Wednesday church night and Valentines, only 5 of the 15 team members came, but we had a good time. I passed on the ‘Thumper’ nickname to Corey, who you’ll be hearing about. Will bowled 4 games, but I only bowled one. Thought you’d enjoy the last line of my short recap to the team…

Propelled by three straight spares, Corey “Thumper” Hursh won the first game. The second game was close to the last frame, when Christian “Ronaldo” Amland rallied with a strike and spare to win in comeback fashion. Thomas “Bank Shot” Brainerd won the third game, and Will “Droopy Jeans” Murphy pulled out the last game. John Fulton performed trick shots and came in a close second, and dad George amazed us with his amphibious bowling.

Ceil actually didn’t want to go out Tuesday or last night. Getting rid of lice is a lot of work, with all the baths and extra laundry. Tonight we have to do homework for small group, and Will has indoor practice. I cancelled the outdoor rec practice due to cold.

It’s amazing to go to one of those indoor facilities and see all the players from other leagues working on their game. There are several of those indoor places just in our immediate area, and many more throughout Atlanta. This one was just north of the Big Chicken, not far from the church where we used to go see fireworks.

For some reason it’s been busier than usual, in some part because I’m the head coach for the first time, the season is just getting underway, and there’s no team mom. Ceil and all the kids have head lice, which means tons of extra laundry. We’re usually try to stick in the “less busy” crowd.

Got another comment from a coworker on the Mr. Kay email, from my lunch sponsor Bill whose job I wouldn’t mind. He’s having back surgery tomorrow and will be out for six weeks. We have in common the Textron/EZGo Golf Car account. This week there were meetings with EZGo about expanding the business exponentially, which many say is a long shot. Later Bill quizzed me about office space. I reminded him I’d be available to help out with this expansion.

I’m a big delete-er of emails, once I’ve read them. I used to sneak in and clear out some of Ceil’s unimportant emails, but it’s been a while. I actually don’t know her password to get on her new computer!

Think Tech has a short at the NCAA tourney? I’m not sure…didn’t seem like it was that much of a down year everywhere else, but I haven’t been following it that close.

No comments: