Sunday, March 18, 2007

Anna's Recital

Right after the game ended I hustled over to the Eastside Gym for Anna’s recital. I arrived during the second dance and trotted up the stairs to the running track, to look down for Ceil and Matthew. After saying hello to Jeff Pipe, I took my seat on the third row behind the dancers. I saw Sunny Freund dance, but didn’t see her parents.

Anna danced beautifully. After her second dance Matthew and I quietly snuck out, then ran around to my car. Traffic was heavy on the 120 Loop, but we made it back to the field in time for Matthew to be the last Storm player to take batting practice. The wind was blowing so hard that I stood in the cage to hold to net from blowing it into the batter.

After Matthew’s game, we made it home just in time to zip off to Pappasito’s to celebrate Rachel’s 12th birthday. We then drove inside 285, down Northside Drive to Buckhead, past the Governor’s Mansion, then over to Chastain Park, back up Lake Forest to Sandy Springs, across the river into East Cobb. We stopped off at Publix for ice cream and the Sunday AJC, for the Peachtree Road Race application.

No comments: