Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Derby, Etc.

Watching the HR Derby last night, Erin Andrews is getting more air time than any of the players. Will says “I hate her.” Inside I’m grateful! He also doesn’t like the women anchors on SportsCenter. A good thing!

Josh Hamilton put on a show. I was only interested in him and Berkman. As usual, I enjoyed the celebrity game. Only in LA or NYC could you get big stars like Billy Crystal, Whoppi Goldberg, and Spike Lee. Only ESPN could not extract maximum airtime for those stars, instead leaving all the air time for Kenny Mayne, Mike & Mike, Gary Thorne, Erin, and Rick Suttcliff. I do like Mayne. Chris Rock smoothly got on air to make some funny comments. Why was that lesser Baldwin brother invited?

Why was Paul Rodriquez the coach instead of Crystal? Answer…Rodriquez has a show on the Disney Channel. More may watch if they gussied it up…and didn’t air it at 11pm.

No comments: