Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

So far the moves Will’s coaches are making all make sense. He only pitched one inning this weekend and did well. It would make sense to play him on defense when other pitchers are available, thereby making the team stronger. Bring him along slowly. The two catchers alternate by game and do well…one has a strong, accurate arm, and the other hustles to catch foul pops.

Will’s aggressive baserunning makes him the natural leadoff hitter…he says he’s enjoying it. In the last game he stroked the first pitch of the game into the gap for an easy double. The 2-3-4-5 hitters are all hitting as good as or better than Will, so there’s no need for him to take chances on the basepaths.

So far so good at shortstop. They have one game each Wed-Thur-Fri-Sat…part of a tourney up at West Forsyth High School. Sunday in the break between games we all ate at Applebee’s.

Friday Ceil and I went to Nuevo Laredo Cantina, which took most of the evening.

Sunday after I got home from baseball I was outside and heard a tree fall in the back, though I couldn’t see it. Figured it was falling the other way, across the creek. Sent Matthew out to explore on Monday (I on looked from the bank) and it was big. As usual, I ate too much over the weekend. I was thinking about work and only got a little done yesterday before we went to a cookout. Napped in the afternoon…I hadn’t gotten much sleep all weekend (or last night).

Didn’t see much of the Braves this weekend, but caught some of the games on radio. I like Jim Powell.

No comments: