Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Midsummer Classic - First Pitch "Coverup"?

I’m always a sucker for the All-Star game and pregame. Will wanted to watch the derby…I had been sneezing all day Monday & fell asleep before the end. Also fell asleep before the end of the game last night. I asked Lang’s dad if he saw how many times LaRussa/Torre/Manuel/Madden changed pitchers. At least McCann finally got an AB.

Can’t blame the president for wearing a ChiSox jacket (but wasn’t it 90 degrees?) Guess it was to hide the bulletproof vest he surely wore. Might’ve been more savvy to wear an All-Star jacket, or Cardinals jacket, but it was nice he stuck to his team. There are some sweet CWS throwback jackets he could’ve worn. Were it me I would’ve wanted to wear a Braves throwback jacket.

Saw that first pitch from three angles (one later on a replay), and none of them showed where the ball went, or Pujols catching it. Then Buck strangely said something about the ball “making it to Pujols”. Weird. Monday I heard Buck on the radio, talking about all the security, how he didn’t know which inning Obama would be in the booth.

I did wake up for the Celebrity Softball Game…nice catch by Nelly, and Bobby Knight was entertaining. They should’ve brought in the college softball players who carried the HR hitter around. I liked Kenny Mayne and Harold Reynolds better than those Mike & Mike radio guys. Fred Lynn is too much of a gamer, and Goose doesn’t add much pizzazz. Nice touch for Winfield to pull a kid out of the stands to run for him.

We need a new dishwasher…or a second opinion.

No comments: