Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Dad: Teller of Jokes

Last week both M and W separately declared I told the “funniest joke ever”. I forgot Matthew’s, but Will liked the Letterman quip…“Good news about the Healthcare Reform Bill. It covers Kansas choking.”

Stayed home Friday night. I also got a rare Saturday at home, and I got a bunch of needed cleaning done. Will was tied up at Living Science all day, then rode home to the Normans , where the gang was watching the NCAAs. Matthew was a new friend down the street, so he’s been outside a lot lately…a good thing.

C and A went to a bridal shower for Margaret Ewing at the country club in Brookhaven. She happened into getting her gown for free, and will be on some local TV show. Don’t know when the wedding is.

Didn’t sleep well Saturday night, so I napped some Sunday afternoon. Watched a lot of basketball, including last night’s Duke/Baylor women’s game. That tall girl for Baylor could be something.

Was able to forget about work over the weekend, but was hit hard yesterday. Still left at five to pick up Will. Today I’ll probably have to do the same…he has a game and Anna has ballet.

Was talking to Chris, George O’Leary’s daughter, here at work. I mentioned that I saw Central Florida was getting a new Nike contract. She reminded me that adidas had dropped them because a basketball player was wearing Nikes…Michael Jordan’s son. Since the contract starts in June, CF will wear adidas in the spring, and Nike in the fall.

She liked adidas, because every year she and her siblings each got two $600.00 gift cards to spend at the factory store. She’d have to spent all $600.00 at once, or lose whatever amount she didn’t spend. Nike is making them order from a catalog, so she has to “buy” everything at full price…nothing on sale. Plus she can’t try anything on first.

Yesterday I helped her clear up $30,000.00 of old material (& many old 2008 orders) still on the books. Her account, Carrier, looks a lot cleaner. She does stuff the right way. Month end tomorrow, and the Ogre has me doing a lot of “weaseling”…cleaning up old problems. Just helped Richmond with one as well.

No comments: