Friday, March 26, 2010

More Hewitt

I was hoping Hewitt would go. A year from now, if they have another disappointing year, the fans will be marching on DRad’s office, and Hewitt will wish he took the St. John’s job. In a related note, last night I bought the same Russell GT jacket that Paul Johnson wears.

I’ve still been too busy to immerse myself into the Braves, though I’m very much looking forward to the season. Hopefully for the team, McLough will come around. Better to slump in the spring.

Rough week with the family. It’s becoming more and more clear that Matthew has serious health issues. A doctor is treating him for hypothyroidism and adrenal insufficiency. It’s tough for Ceil to monitor his diet, but that’s what it’s going to take…gluten-free, etc. Sometimes he’s so listless that he just sits there in a daze. Most weeks he doesn’t finish his schoolwork. Without him helping with chores negatively impacts the other two, who are involved in extracurricular activities most of the time.

Same with work. Yesterday I was able to catch up a bit on stuff that had piled up, and I forgot to write again. Two co-workers have a hard time figuring out things for themselves, though they have no problem making similar personal decisions. I think I embarrassed someone yesterday, when I discovered they weren’t doing something fundamental to the program.

Will’s team keeps losing, but everyone plays at least half of every game. It's apparent that they're playing all 9th graders every game, building for the future. Three upperclassmen cannot carry the team by themselves. Yesterday they went up 6-0, put in the younger guys, and lost 10-6. Nate was pitching ok, but was pulled after 2 errors and a hit off his leg. They hadn’t hit him hard, but his successor was shelled. With shortstop Ian out, Will felt bad for not converting three spectacular plays. The other three infielders each made at least one error.

Ceil and Anna have a bridal shower for Jenny Ewing’s daughter tomorrow, at a country club. Will has a long day at Living Science, practicing the skit. Hopefully I’ll get some work done around the house this weekend.

No comments: