Tuesday, June 21, 2011

It's Hot in the Furnace

Getting a new AC today. It’s been real hot upstairs…I finally put the screens back in the windows. When cleaning out the garage utility closet Saturday I discovered something had leaked out and made everything stick to the floor…including half the screens. So busy last night that I missed almost all of the Braves game. C took A shopping for a swimsuit…Saturday she leaves on “The Walk”, the 5 day NP HS beach trip.

Anna redboxed that “I Am Number Four” movie Monday night, but only she and M watched it. I’d like to see The Adjustment Bureau, The Source Code, and The Conspirator. Maybe even Hoodwinked 2, since I enjoyed the first one.

M’s back was hurting Monday night. Could be growing pains…he’s already much taller than C or A. Could be trying to get out of work. He didn’t want to go swimming last night.

Thursday we’ll go to Jalisco while M and A are at Passion youth group. I’m starting to feel like the guy riding the lawnmower saying “help me!’ But this next school year hopefully we won’t have school tuition for A and M. Matthew goes for testing next week. The Civic needs work, and taxes are due the first of August. If it’s not one thing, it’s another!

Hudson gave up two hits in eight innings, and hit a two-run HR eight rows deep. Kimbrell struck out the side to earn his 20th save…second best in baseball. The Braves are ranked 26th in hitting, but they have the second-best record in the National League. Chipper comes back tonight, and Prado and Moylan are not far away. If Uggla and Heyward start hitting, we’ll make up some ground on the Phillies.

The other day the game was tied in the ninth, and everyone was trying to hit a home run instead of just get on base. One strikeout after another. The Rangers got a runner on base, moved him over, and drove him in. Ball game. Matthew has never seen the Rangers, but I doubt we’ll go this week.

I think I enjoyed my first Washington trip best, because it was the first time. It wasn’t as interesting the second time around. Still, we covered a lot of ground. No reason for my kids to go back until they has kids…better to visit places they’ve never seen.

At Fatz is was a typical menu. My BBQ bacon burger was OK. Will’s chicken sandwich looked good, but it had avocados. The kid’s chicken tenders and fries weren’t any good at all, but Ceil’s salad looked OK. We seldom have burgers at home, but Ceil cooked them both Thursday and last night. I think someone defrosted the wrong meat package.

The fourth EZGo co-worker has been permanently moved to the Quality Department in the other building, reporting to the brand new Quality Manager. Another quality employee is quitting, to follow her boyfriend to his new job. Our old QM accepted a position in China. He’s a hard-working Minnesotan whose wife had never left her job in St. Paul. It’s going to be a much different world in a few years.

No comments: