Friday, July 15, 2011

Pepsi's Field of Dreams

Pepsi has a contest where the winner gets to field a team to play against the Hall of Famers in the current Pepsi “Field of Dreams” ad. You vote from the following…

SP…Maddux, Carlton, Randy Johnson

RP…Fingers, Gossage, Eckersley

C…Fisk, Bench, Piazza

1B…Garvey, Murray, Frank Thomas

2B…Carew, Sandburg, Biggio

SS…Ozzie, Ripken, Larkin

3B…Schmidt, Brooks, Boggs

OF…Reggie, Junior, Gwynn, Rice, Winfield, Rickey Henderson

DH…Baines, Molitor, Edgar Martinez

A few of those pitchers would still try and strike you out. I voted on the ones with the most personality, who would be the easiest to talk to, and the most fun to play with.

Nothing on TV last night, so I had the Yankees/Blue Jays game on. Jose Bautista caught his ankle and left the game, hurt. Andruw hit two HRs, giving him six for the year. Both were off JoJo Reyes. It was the second time this season Jones hit two homers in one game, both against the Jays. Shortstop Jeter made another heads-up play, tagging out a runner at third, after the third-baseman cut off the throw home.

Watched some of the Gwinnett game, because my company had a sales event there in a rented box. Unless there’s a particular prospect to watch, I’d much rather watch big league teams.

I’ve seen Mel Stottlemyer making comments on the MLB Network shows lately, on tape. Or it might’ve been on that ‘Boys in the Hall’ show that Tom Brokaw hosts.

In Washington we went into the Old Post Office, hoping to see something historic. But inside it was like a shopping mall, with a food court and small shops. Ceil spent a long time in the stamp store. She loved the stamp stuff you sent yesterday. I’m showing my coworker Lang’s article, then I’ll mail it to Will at camp.

The Ogre took me to the Chinese buffet for lunch. Then his boss walked in, so he ate with us. When I return from the beach EZGo will be much busier.

No comments: