Monday, October 07, 2019

Planes and Automobiles

Sunday night I had an interesting dream. We were in our house on Hillpine. It was Christmas. Don Head and his extended family showed up. Several generations of the Head family, even little kids. I know his entire family, but Don was the only one I recognized. They were bringing poinsettias and everything. Later we were driving to a restaurant and had to make a 90 degree turn. Lots of leaves in the gutters. Was going to park on the street but later parked in a driveway. Was driving Matthew’s old blue Buick. Don was in the back seat passenger side. He had gotten out and come around to the other side of the car. But the rear passenger door had come off. Not Don’s fault but he was trying to fix it. Overhead were dozens of low-flying military planes from the 1950’s and 60’s. Not sure what it all meant.   

I know that little things get me. This morning when I parked my car, I quickly checked email before going inside. A lady was ahead of me, but she went off in another direction. I followed the sign to the elevator, pushed the button, and waited. Just as the door opened the lady came around the corner and stepped into the elevator before me. No problem. When we arrived on the third floor she stepped out first. No problem. The doctor’s office was locked and three people were these waiting: an man, a lady, and an older lady. Me and elevator lady made five. After a minute or two the office opened.

Usually in these situations the people enter in the order they arrived. The man went in first, but elevator lady went ahead of the slower older lady and the other lady, who turned out to be the older lady’s daughter. I have my theories why the elevator lady skipped ahead of the older lady, but I’ll keep them to myself. I signed in last. Would’ve been fun to note on the clipboard the actual order of arrival, but I might’ve called a name. Couple minutes later the door opened and the nurse called for the first patient: me. Guess I could’ve turned around to the elevator lady and said “HA!”

All those watches at Target are complicated, especially the sports watches. My Apple Watch has hands to tell time if you want, it can even have the Mickey Mouse watch face. All you got to do is charge it every few days. Many of the functions are automatic, like heartbeat and steps and workouts.  

CPAP machine doing well but leaves a mark on my nose.

I remember that La Paz place in Destin. We checked it out but never went.

Had my 8 am doctor appointment this morning. Not much to report. They want to run more tests. Could tell work was crazy busy.
Kept my eye on the Braves yesterday. Ceil was living and dying with every at bat, but I was more patient. Adam Wainwright pitched a gem. So did Soroka. There are a million managerial decisions. So easy to second guess. Some on social media wanted Dansby benched. Good thing that didn’t happen. Snit knows loads more than I do.

Falcons not worth talking about. Firing the coach in the middle of the season almost never makes things better.

The die-hard Tech fans keep saying “be patient - it’s a makeover” but you’d think you’d see progress in some areas. Under Paul Johnson the Tech players did not taunt opponents, but now they do, even when losing to a Division 2 team, drawing penalties. Is this part of the new coach’s makeover? Took Tech four games to play the best QB even though it was evident in the first game who that was. When the QB does get off a good pass the receiver drops the ball half the time. Against NC the defense played well at first but the bad offense kept the defense on the field so the defense got tired out. In second half the offense woke up and scored, but by that point the defense was too tired to help.
Late in the UGA game the Dawg defender scooped up the fumble and scored. Nice block by the backup referee. Number 15 for Tennessee followed into the end zone and appeared to knee the Bulldog in the helmet.
Looks like the Vols found a QB. That was a major problem. Interesting that after UGA’s scoop and score, Tennessee quit passing. They were content to run the ball, which ran out the clock.
To go to the National Championship Playoff Semifinal the Dawgs will have to win out, beating Florida, Auburn, and Bama or LSU in the SEC Championship Game. Lose one game and the bowl game won’t nearly be as good. And if Fromm leaves for the pros, the Dawgs future is not nearly as bright.

No comments: