Saturday, February 20, 2021

Barney Look-Alike

Ceil has been dog-sitting this week.
Renee gave me World Series tickets. 
My new sneakers delivered today, and they feel good. High-topped running shoes. Fit better than the low cuts. I like the blue toes. Gonna be hard to pull on and off.
Photo below must've been taken in the fall of 1982, my last at Tech. I'm at the lower right, next to Yearwood, in front of Billy Brundage and Greg Travis. I see Mike Jackson, Tommy Sweet, David Conley, Al Boyd, Chip Brown, Al Rahn, Leuze, Bobby 4-O, Darrell Frahm, Phillip Stallcup, Kim Walter, Jim Johnson, and others. Is that Brett Freemon?  
Above: Norm Van Brocklin sets his charges. Linebacker Chuck Bednarik, the last of the 60 minute men, is the center. Marquis Grissom's son is playing for Georgia Tech. Chip off the old block. The stirrups they're wearing in games have the adidas logo in the front. Horrific.
Instead of defunding the police, maybe what we really need is less Barney and more Andy and Gomer. Well, maybe just Andy.
Like the baseball stadium in downtown Charlotte,

Chandler Stadium on the Tech campus has a scenic view.

W&MC are in Montana.

No comments: