Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Smokehouse: Strike Three?

Tuesday: with Ceil off at her ministry, I picked up takeout from a “fancy” place tonight that she doesn’t like – Smokehouse Burgers and Bones, in the Avenue East Cobb. Either a burger, breaded chicken tenders, or a BBQ sandwich. So I was all looking forward to splurging. Last time we went the service was terrible. This time my order was ready 15 minutes before promised. French fries were hot and tasty. Apple butter BBQ sauce a tad spicy but still good. BBQ was good, with slaw and onion straws inside.

I tried to eat slow. Perhaps sometimes I gobble food down too quickly. Tried to chew completely and enjoy the sandwich. A good meal. Afterwards I settled on the couch. Watched Mr. Mayor and Jeopardy and started on Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist. Started to get a feeling in my stomach, and I knew I was about to get sick. Threw up the entire meal. Felt okay besides that.

I know that I am often guilty of fast eating and taking big bites. Also eating too much. Gotta do better in all three. Lately I haven’t really felt great after eating any takeout food. Ate a pack of crackers on the way to work and some peanuts for lunch. Was planning on grabbing fast food only because I have to drive up to Cumming for tonight’s Hot Stove meeting. Now I’m not so sure. I get off at five and the meeting starts at seven, but it’s a haul up there. I try to swing by a Cumming thrift store that I don’t get too much. Would be cool to find some Denmark High swag, since it’s named the famous local pediatrician Lelia Denmark, who we visited when our kids were young.

A lady Ceil knows at the Merchants Walk Whole Foods contacted C thru Matthew. Whole Foods had nine big cases left over from Christmas they want to donate to Ceil’s ministry, The Table on Delk. Toys, ornaments, lotions, educational things for kids, lip balm, water bottles, and more. Nice.

Thinking in investing in a new pair of sneakers. Thought I’d list out the pros & cons to help decide. Not sure it will help.

Puma RSX Mid. Pros: comfortable. I don’t have any high-tops. I’ve long wanted these shoes.

Cons: hard to pull on. I have a low-topped pair almost exactly like them. I have plenty of light colored sneakers.

Nike Space Hippies. Pro: they’re close to being the latest thing. Comfortable. Nike.com has them on sale.

Cons: I don’t like how they look, looking straight down at the laces. Grey shoes aren’t my favorite, as cool as these are. And I have plenty grey shoes.

Adidas Prophere. Pro: look good. Should be comfortable.

Cons: are they knockoffs? Look similar to other shoes I have.

Nike Dunk Low Navy White Pros: look good.

Cons: expensive. Not really comfortable. Will has the exact pair. Hard to find. Get a similar pair of Pumas?

I really don’t need another pair of sneakers. Got my black adidas Premiere and multicolored Puma RS-X to wear to work, my blue Hokas to run in, and my white Stan Smiths and off white Nike Free Commuters to knock around in.

Man I am swamped at work. Gonna be a busy year. Everyone’s workload has increased. Manpower shortages due to covid. Doing the best I can. I wonder if in retirement I’d like working at Braves games for 80 days a year, interacting with fans. Gwinnett is too far away.

Mark Cuban stopped the playing of the national anthem at Dallas Mavericks home games. The NBA quickly overruled him.

ZANE SMITH [B-R Bio] was the pitcher whose win stopped the Braves skid after they’d lost ten straight to start the season. In 1988, ATL lost its first ten games of the seasonSmith was the winning pitcher in the 11th game, their first win. He surrendered infielder Al Newman’s only career home run. On Sunday afternoon, 06-Jul-1986, switch-hitting Expo second baseman Al Newman, batting 8th, hit a Zane Smith pitch over the left field wall in Atlanta-Fulton County Stadium. It was little remarked on by anyone except Newman since that was the game ATL first baseman Bob Horner hit 4 HR. Although he only pitched in eleven games for the 1990 Pirates, his 1.30 ERA help them win their first division title in eleven years. PIT won the NL East in 1990PIT’s previous win was their WS title in 1979. 

I’m going to have to get on a list for a shot. The vaccine is like getting your kid on a travel team or Ivy League school, or appointment to West Point – it’s like a full time job working the angles to get signed up. Isn’t the minimum age in Georgia still 65? Soon they’ll let the teachers get it, because they’re more important than everyone else risking their life going to work every day. That’ll help Ceil, but not me. Soon they’re gonna start not letting people into places if they haven’t gotten the vaccine. I’m already seeing it on questionnaires. My dad’s knees were sore from sitting in the car for about four hours Thursday, when he got his second shot. He got better, and went to the store on Friday. Another old guy told me he had the same problem after his second shot. 

Six uses for an old computer. All are pretty much beyond my technical ability. 

https://www.komando.com/tech-tips/uses-for-an-old-computer/777064/?utm_medium=nl&utm_source=totd&utm_content=2021-02-07


In Matthew 10:16, Jesus called us to be “wise as serpents and innocent as doves.”

No comments: