Sunday, July 03, 2022

Saturday AM Golf

Had a busy Saturday, but got up early to squeeze in a round of golf.
1. Teed off early, then putted while waiting on Robert. First ball didn't look good but barely made it to the fairway. Mulligan went right, but was one of my longest tee shots ever. Okay hybrid was short of green. Good chip sailed far over the green. Worm burner chip back onto green. Two putt.
2. Blooped a 3 wood short and right. Chip didn't look good but made it to the fringe. Decent long lag putt. Took like three more putts, then went back and sank a mulligan for "bogey".
3. Decent 6 iron off tee went straight but short. Decent chip to fringe. Two putt for bogey. We checked out the huge tree that had fallen on the back of the green.
4. Since recent 3 woods off the tee had sailed long, I hit hybrid off the tee. Hit a decent shot long and low, that started left with a slight draw. Decent chip onto green that almost went in. Missed the par putt. Then we checked out the sinkhole near the green. On the way to the fifth tee I wondered what natural disaster we would find there.
5. Pulled my 3 wood off the tee left, into the woods. Mulligan stayed right, through the leaves of a tree branch almost to right of the green. Okay chip that rolled through the green off the other side. Flubbed one chip before a decent chip toward the hole. Robert had long before putted out, and I joked he could take a nap while I finished the hole. Triple bogey.
6. Decent drive off tee. Flubbed a 5 iron out of the rough, then hit a good long hybrid. My chip wasn't pretty but it made it to the fringe. Three putt for another triple. Still better than an 8, 9, or ten.
7. Okay drive that sliced not too far right. Are my slices becoming fades? Robert hit his tee shot with an iron, slightly further up the hill than mine with a driver.
Okay distance on my hybrid. Pulled out my 7 iron for the first time all day. I got it up in the air a bit, but it stayed left into the gully. Didn't find it, so I chipped the ball I did find - too far right. Another three putt. Another triple.
8. Okay drive off tee funneled down into the fairway. Flubbed a 6 then hit a 7 left. Flubbed one chip before getting a good chip onto the green. Did I two putt? Even then it's another triple.
9. Faded a 3 wood up the hill, with a good kick right toward the hole. Just not as much distance as last week. Still the shot of the day. Should've quit right there. Like three bad chips, and then three putts. Man another seven.

Then I realized I'd left my wedge down the hill near the 8th green. Great. I knew Candler regular Mr. Gee Tee was behind us, so I met him on the wooded path between the 9th tee and 8th green. Just missed catching him relieving himself, a good private spot to do so (although just ten minutes earlier when Robert and I had made that same trek an old lady and her dog had passed us). Gee had my wedge, which ended my search. I thanked him and trudged back up the hill, and on to my car.

No comments: