Thursday, July 05, 2007

July 3rd Notes

I'm running in group six tomorrow in the Peachtree. I'll be wearing my vintage Hawks shirt. Will and I are running with my friend from Virginia, and we'll be slowing him down so much that we'd better not stop there at SPdL. Having been so out of shape the last few years that I had to walk several times throughout the race, the stop at SPdL has been fun. My friend's son will probably leave us early in the race and run a 45 minute time.

Every year I make the July report red, white, and blue...one year I made the whole thing look like a big flag. It was great, but you couldn't read the numbers!

Taking a half day today. I was reading some reader comments the other day on AJC.com, which I rarely have time to do. I read one and said 'that sounds like Reid' and checked who wrote it...some guy named NOLA.

Many are not sold on Escobar…and Harrison. Seems like JS wouldn’t trade for Buerle unless he could resign him. DOB showed how statistically Buerle wasn’t as good as Hudson…but any pitching is expensive these days, unless they’re coming up from the minors. Usually JS wouldn’t gamble on the short term, even this late in his and Cox’ careers. JS has been right more times than not on trading away prospects that later don’t develop.

No comments: