Thursday, July 05, 2007

The End of June

Will had his party last week, and today and tomorrow will be fun and busy with the Broadwells in town. Will enjoys hanging out with their tall 15-year old son Kirk, and Anna gets along well with 16-year old Emily and 12 year old Rachel. Matthew likes to show out for Dawn.
We’re all looking forward to the beach as well. Yesterday the computers were slow here at work and I found myself making a beach packing list.

Nice that Smoltz and McCann made the team…to bad about Edgar. Since every team must be represented, it makes it tough for the borderline guys like Edgar and Frenchy. Edgar lost out to the NY and Philly media machine, I guess. At least McCann beat out LoDuca.

That Sunday night game against the Cards, before the flight to SF…Cox usually rests all his regulars at the same time…usually for Sunday day games in the heat after Saturday night games. Cox should field the least attractive lineup possible, and at least let Monday’s starting pitcher fly out way early. Like…Harris, Escobar, Francoeur, McCann, Diaz, Thorman, Woodward, Orr, Carlyle. But Bobby will still be gunning for a win.

Worked outside most of Saturday in the heat, then Ceil and ate at El Porton near our house. Ceil now likes Chipotle, but I dislike the seasoning. Then we made a quick trip to Perimeter Mall so she could go to her favorite store. At 9 pm they showed a kids movie at our neighborhood pool…I took Anna and Matthew. All the back and forth from the heat to AC made me sick, and I was sneezing all night. Will worked at Living Science all day.

Sunday Ceil went to NP, but I let the kids sleep in, then I took Will to the Ewings…he went to Buckhead Church, then fishing at West Point Lake with George…stayed gone til 10 pm. I worked inside and watched the Braves…during the rain delay I worked upstairs. Nice comeback, by both teams unfortunately. Hopefully Wickman’s not hurting again. Ceil watched Titanic, her first time to see it. I still haven’t seen it all the way through.

I like both Q100 and 680. I’m ok with 790 in the morning, but not the Stews…I’ll stick with Buck. Quiet at work, but something’s wrong with our company’s computer…real slow…haven’t been able to run all the month-end reports.

There are some photos of Will and his buddies painted up on the Braves web site. Just search for the official Braves site. In the lower right hand corner is a green square that says Gameday shots…click on that. Pick the date of Monday, June 25, then select gallery 21 and 19.

No comments: