Friday, April 17, 2009

Torpedo-ed

Remember yesterday I said I felt so bad I was just trying to hang in there until 5 so I could go home? At 4:15 I finally got called in for the inventory meeting, and it lasted past six. I took my box of Kleenex in with me. The GM was asking if anyone had a report while I was stuffing a used Kleenex in my pocket. I said I had it, and Dale thought I'd just blew my nose with the report. Almost got invited to dinner (not because of that!). With everyone out of town it would’ve been the perfect time, but I felt terrible.

Got sucked in to buying one of those new Quiznos Torpedo sandwiches for $4.00, but it wasn’t worth it. Enjoyed Benjamin Button, but the nighttime drugs Id taken almost made me go to sleep. This morning is still felt bad/tired, although the drugs were working on my sinuses. Fell better this afternoon, just not enough to go golfing or exercise…though I didn’t bring any clothes or workout shoes.

Another supposedly quiet Friday filled with emergencies. Will watch the Braves/Pirates tonight, I guess. Any Hawks playoff predictions?

No comments: