Thursday, April 09, 2009

Thursday

Games like yesterdays will drive me crazy……glad I missed it. Nice that the Braves are hitting.

Going to SC this weekend. Plenty to do at home, which I reckon I’ll do the next weekend when everyone’s gone. Would be nice to go down to Jekyll for that weekend, maybe take off Friday. We’ll see. Matthew is sick, and Will has been having headaches. My headaches have to do with the pollen, I think.

Tied up almost all day yesterday in meeting/emergencies. We’re all busy and are filled with tasks not in our job description. He took me to lunch, the first time in over a month. I’m sure it has to do with the downturn…he hasn’t taken Brad out either. The Ogre doesn’t know if the layoffs & salary cuts only have to do with the economy, or if our owners are doing it to cut costs because everyone else is doing it. He likened them to Richard Gere’s profession in Pretty Woman, which is pretty accurate.

BTW, my salary cut did turn out to be only 5%. Today & tomorrow 3 co-workers are on vacation, but it’s slow. I won’t get caught up that much.

No comments: