Monday, April 06, 2009

weekend on the go

Everyone had a blast at the Braves game (& Varsity afterwards). I was concerned about two of the quiet girls, but their mothers later told Ceil they had a great time. Alyssa’s dad was great company, as he was a good fan (before Friday I had only met him once, briefly). He brought up things like pitch speed and selection, and how Gonzo lost the perfect game with a walk in the 5th.

Went to Macon Sat AM with A and M and did many hours of yardwork. Anna was a tremendous help (my parents paid her $30.00 before we went home). I had told Matthew when we got there that he might get paid if he worked hard, but after messing with the fire (leaves) for a while, he went inside to watch TV.

Traffic was terrible. On the way down on 75 in Cobb, I took 285 around the west side. South of the Perimeter 75 was still bad, so I continued on to 675, but the problem was construction on 75 south of 675. On the way back it was bad at the same point. Almost took 675 and 285 east, to say I pulled a Pasqual Perez.

Will had morning and afternoon meetings at school, then watched the Final Four at the Normans. So Sunday he had a big project to work on instead of practicing baseball. My concern is a sore arm. Plus, if he gets off to a slow start on this new team, he may find himself on the bench. Everyone else is already playing on school teams. Ceil says he needs to learn for himself. With my pay cut, it will be an expensive lesson.

Got back from small group to find the Braves up 4-0 in the 5th and watched the rest. Looked like a fine start. The announcers also mentioned what a tough call relieving Lowe was. He had thrown about 95 pitches. They showed Soriano getting ready in the bullpen. I still say Gonzo is better in a close game than with a four run lead. He may just need more work to get to midseason form. He did strike out Ryan Howard and another guy. At least Cox didn’t put in Boyer.

This AM the Ogre says the pay cut could very well be a 10% cut for me and my neighbor Brad. Guess I’m a bigger shot than I thought. A little unexpected, but not completely…better than the alternative. Ceil took it OK, but I don’t think she completely understands the impact, no matter how much I try. She thinks the bonus and tax return will cover us, but it won’t.


No comments: