Monday, September 07, 2009

Sunday Morning: Locked Out!

Eager to leave for church, Will is first out the door...taking the driver’s seat of my Civic. As the others troop out to the van, I search one last time for Matthew’s Waumbaland Leader T-Shirt. Will returns the Civic keys to the mantle (though they normally hang out next to the TV) and drives off in the van…just as I close the garage door, run, and hop out as the garage closes behind me. Alone, I get in the car. No keys.

Things to Do When You’re Locked Out of the House

1. Check front & back door. Both locked.
2. Call Ceil’s cell, since she has just left herself. No answer.
3. No problem, Will always has his cell on. Oops! Not this time.
4. Search for a way inside. All windows either locked or stuck. I’m a lousy crook.
5. Write? No laptop. Pen, but no paper. Could make To Do lists on the back of business cards. Maybe later. Next?
6. Take a walk? Afternoon yardwork in Macon awaits, & tomorrow’s 10K. No walk, not even to ECPC.
7. Take nap in car.
8. Pick up sticks. Pray. Think. Worship.
9. Pull ivy off trees. Clear brush behind house. Pull tree limbs down hill. Sweat. Find 3 baseballs, Will’s basketball, and a turtle.
10. Clean off deck. Find a brush…hey! A tool! Now I can…
11. Wash the car. Wearing 2 shirts, I use one of them, my new “Late Show” tee, as a “rag.” Shirt turns water in “bucket”(cooler) blue.
12. Idea! While scrubbing tires with brush, I realize next I can clean cobwebs off windows. Just then, Ceil drives up. So much for the windows!

No comments: