Monday, October 19, 2009

Cheating the Tire Guy

Busy weekend…Friday night we went to IKEA, then the OK Café, which Ceil loves. Spent $70.00 at IKEA, as Ceil found some fabric she loves that’s rarely in stock…for shades for the living room.

Got new tires Saturday AM…took less than 15 minutes. Got a 13% discount for paying cash. Told the manager he had quoted me the price on the phone, then decided to get a slightly more expensive tire. Handed him the original amount just as the techie opened the office door, asking about the “tire key.” I panicked, thinking I couldn’t get the tires. The manager was counting the money, which was $20.00 short, saying “how much is here?” All I could think about was the tire key, but he wanted to settle the money thing first. Then I realized I’d given him the original amount, and pulled the extra twenty from my wallet. Hopefully he understood the misunderstanding, and didn’t think I was trying to cheat him. Found the tire key in the glove box…remembered seeing it when I bought the car. I had kept it, not knowing what it was.

Underdressed, I froze at Will’s 11:15 game.

Big win for Tech. I bundled up, six layers. Same thermals and cap from last year’s Miami win. Once Will was cheering and he threw up his hands…and knocked the glass from my frames. Gotta get it fixed tonight before the trip. Bozos behind us kept screaming that Bey Bey had single coverage, wondering why they didn’t pass more. They shut up after the 3rd quarter interception.

Ceil enjoyed Julius Caesar yesterday, as did I.

Leave tomorrow AM for Florida…lots to do here at work, and then I haven’t started packing. Return late Saturday.

No comments: