Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Facebook News Flash

Big news in the Facebook world: Lang finally signed up. His sister posted a welcome, which basically told everyone the news. Don’t know how long he’s been up, but he already has 90 friends (now 127), including several from his old high school group (& David Aldridge).

Interesting to see the stir he causes in people, and the reactions already posted on his page. In dealing with people from his past (like me) he is genuine and authentic, sharing what people want to hear: stories from his larger-than-life life. He does this without bragging, sharing stories only because people want to hear. I’m not surprised he turned out to do such a fine fellow.

His first post “I’m here” reminded me of the first Nike / Tiger Woods “Hello World” commercial. His profile picture is one I’d seen, wrestling with Shaq. Didn’t take him long to approve my friend request…he’s still in the Facebook “honeymoon” stage: checking often. Lang flew in last Friday for the Hawks opener, bought his dad a new outdoor grille, and cooked supper.

Meanwhile, Will wants to work for Hooters so he can go to World Series games.

Got Will to post a photo on my page of our van on the retreat, with the doors open and the guys hanging off the sides. Will is seen with his mother’s expensive camera around his neck.

Glenn, a co-worker I’ve run several Peachtree’s with, flew to NYC last Saturday and ran the marathon. Said it was a huge thrill. He’s my age, and has run marathons in Chicago and DC. Wants to get his time down to qualify for Boston.

No comments: