Monday, February 01, 2010

The Bridge Mexican Gourmet

Saturday Ceil and I went to the Dekalb Farmers Market, then ate at The Bridge Mexican Gourmet in Roswell. It had been getting good comments from AJC readers, so we tried it out. It’s in a small shopping center on 120 north of the DQ and south of Stoney River, next to another Mexican place, near a tattoo parlor, Infinity Insurance, a Laundromat, and a sewing machine repair store. I didn’t think it was as good as Nuevo Laredo Cantina, but it’s a lot closer and no wait. Don’t know if the owner waited on us, but she chatted with us more than 99% of other waiters do. She and the other waitresses were American…don’t know about the cook. Don’t know if Ceil will want to go back…she probably didn’t like the considerable cleavage shown by the otherwise conservatively dressed waitresses.

Candy sang at North Point. I was late to the service, thinking Ceil wanted me to stay home with a sick Anna. Hacked me off that no one saved me a seat, since most every other week I’m the one awkwardly saving seats for late-arriving friends. Did I say I hate saving seats? The one way I can minister to people, who've done so much more for me than me for them. Funny, God.

Good message by Andy, about verses I think about a lot. Of course, he injected thoughts I’d never considered. Wasn’t surprising that later Sunday afternoon I got stressed out, after a sermon that hit close to home.

Saw 2012 last night…pretty good, my kind of movie. Love John Cusack and Amanda Peet. Their second movie together, at least. Perhaps they’re the new Hanks/Ryan.

I had left to run errands and see the LONG movie before Ceil left a message on my cell, that Susan Coley was coming over for pancakes with Houston and Haviland. Susan always helps Ceil work to be organized…they just don’t see each other enough. Houston is a lot like Matthew…I’m sure they played Legos and created skits the whole time. Anna had been sick all weekend, finally recovering enough for a study/sleepover at Molly’s Sunday night…so Haviland didn’t have Anna to play with.

Will slept over at the Normans Friday night and went to the Saturday night Flight game…they lost at the buzzer.

Busy Friday and Monday at work. Got plenty to do Tuesday as well.

No comments: