Monday, February 15, 2010

Snow Days

Several left work early on Friday. Those going up 85 and 316 had it rough. I left at 4:55 and it took just a little longer than usual, about an hour and fifteen minutes. Stopped at Kroger and rented Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs, then decided to get Ceil a dozen roses while there. Elizabeth, the long-time Kroger flower girl, set me up.

Will had gone to the Flight game, and later I took A & M over to the Normans to play in the snow. I should’ve played, but watched the Opening Ceremonies with Becky. It was late when we went home, but the surface streets weren’t too bad.

Saturday Will went to the GA/SC basketball game in Athens. Ceil was mixing meatloaf for next week’s retreat, when the large ceramic bowl slipped out of her hands and shattered, ruining all the meatloaf. She wasn’t doing well after that. We ate at The Bridge Mexican in Roswell, where the manager remembered us. C had forgotten her glasses, so she bought a pair at the dollar store. Got some Valentine treats at Target & the little French bakery in Roswell.

While shopping I saw a nice road Braves cap at TJMaxx for four dollars, but they didn’t have my size. Saturday & Sunday I went around to three other stores looking, but couldn’t find a big one. They did have the BP caps for seven bucks, but I didn’t like them. The East Cobb store had Falcon & UGA jerseys on the clearance rack, at various prices. I don’t like Matt Ryan’s number two, but I did buy a $3.00 white Joey Harrington jersey. May go back and get a black or red one. Saw David Norman & showed him, so he got a Ryan jersey. Lots of Vick jerseys, but I didn’t get one.

Yesterday C took A & M to see some new movie, based on a book that Anna had read.

Reading a GT book, I didn’t realize that back in Bill Curry’s playing days, football players (& all students) had class on Saturday mornings before games. At the beginning of the year Hewitt didn’t want to talk about having a team good enough to go deep into the NCAA tourney. It’s not the team, it’s the coaching.

Working hard all this week, then off next week.

Does Damon only want a one year deal now? Why not take the Tigers offer?

No comments: