Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Peachtree Weekend

Race was fun, being near the front again. I wasn’t in shape, so I ran and walked. Still did as well as last year. Will ran a 50:55, his best ever. Made it to North Point as the 9 am service was letting out.

Ceil's parents were in town. Moes Friday night, while Will and I went to Haley Hurt’s 16th birthday party. The five other dads there were big Braves fans (Holt’s, Kevin’s, Haley’s, and Mary-Clayton’s) so we watched the whole game. Infante drove in the winning runs.

Everyone went shopping Saturday, but I got the oil changed and ran other errands. Ate at Olive Garden Saturday night. They didn’t want to go to the fireworks Sunday, so I stayed home with them and watched golf. The rest went to Roswell High.

Yesterday we went to Macon for my mother’s 80th birthday. We hadn’t gone to celebrate my mother’s birthday since Will was born on the same day. My sister and brother were there, so it was a zoo. Anna volunteered to help in the kitchen, and my always-stressed out mom made her cry.

Battled the holiday traffic to get Matthew back to Houston Coley’s sleepover birthday party. Haviland keeps getting bigger, and Houston looked good with long hair. Brain said he needs 1.3 million in two days (“a miracle”) to keep his movie going.

Will played a 10 am doubleheader in Acworth Tuesday, after not picking up a bat or ball for eight days. He got a first-inning hit, and caught a ball in left field in game one, but they were shut out. Got another hit and walked in game two, and pitched three scoreless innings. Supposedly scouts were watching.

It’s been fun to watch the Braves lately. This Friday is Braves Day here at work. Still deciding what to wear.

No comments: