Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Pelican Thoughts

Watching those minor leaguers the other night, I was thinking how almost all of them were once “superstars” in high school. Some spend years in the minors, just hanging on. It was interesting to note where they played last year…were they moving up (& how fast) or were they even demoted from a higher league. The 3B who had the game-tying hit in the 9th was a hanger-oner.

Enjoying the Cox article in SI, but did they have to include the domestic abuse part? I see how it fits in, but why dig it up?

Will drove to Cartersville Sunday to see his friend Mary Clayton in a play. She had the Lori Singer role in Footloose. I need to calm down, but his driving worries me much. Tonight Anna wants to go to the laser Show, so I’ll be up late, pick her up at NP.

Inception wasn’t a movie I’m wanting to see either, though several have commented favorably. Maybe a Redbox. I do like the two leads. Sunday I took M and A to see “How to Train a Dragon” which was good.

It did seem like that guy spent more time on the Intimacy box than the other two. Seems like every time there is a sermon like that to be delivered, it is someone other than Andy who delivers it. It’s been a few years, but my perception of an SBC sermon these days is a sermon heavy on a Bible passage, with little actual real-world application.

I often think of Shafer’s midtown condo and Hummer. Bowman hit the nail on the head. As usual, my thinking was close, but I hadn’t quite made that full connection. On the other hand, several comments in that SI article on Heyward/Freeman were more down to earth. Strasburg was such a late bloomer.

No comments: