Saturday, July 24, 2010

Why I Shop Thrift Stores


When I started frequenting thrift stores back in 1999, I thought it would be neat to come across my favorite shoe at the time, the Nike Air Moc. In the 12 years hence, I saw not one pair.
Before Will's July 17th game I ran to Goodwill to buy a towel. Stashed low on a rack in the back was a size 12 pair of high-top Air Mocs, brown with black trim. So rare, I can't find a photo on the internet.
Tried them on...kinda big. I was in a hurry, and in a pre-vacation spending shutdown. The day before I found a few items I might've normally bought, but didn't. So I passed on the shoes.
Driving to NMB that night, I thought about the Mocs, and how I had long looked for them. Didn't get the idea to call fellow thrifter Lee to get them until it was too late. Didn't get back until after midnite, so I decided to swing by the next morning, just in case they hadn't sold all week. Would they be there?

No comments: