Friday, April 22, 2011

Extra Innings


Thursday I left work at four and drove downtown for a focus group at the CNN Center. Listened to the Braves on the way down, then watch several innings at the Braves Store until I went in at 5:40…the 8th inning just ended. Got back to my car around 6:45 and found the game still going. I was almost to 575 when the guy hit the walkoff.


Ceil took A and M up to LS to pick up Will, thinking I couldn’t make it. When I wasn’t needed for the focus group (I still got paid $100), she was able to go to a birthday party. Will arrived back just after 8 pm. Kevin wanted Braves updates.


Ceil is talking about wanting to go to Verizon Sunday morning for Louie’s 10:30 PCC service. Tonight’s PCC concert at Verizon is sold out. Will needs to teach at NP Sunday, and A and M will want to go there as well. Perhaps the kids will take one car, and we’ll take the other.


Got lots of housework to do tomorrow this weekend.


Watched a decent amount of the LA games. I was writing trip recaps, that I’ll start posting tonight.


Steve Martin often tweets multiple texts throughout a day or week, telling humorous stories bit by bit…then reflecting back to something he’d tweeted a week earlier. There was enough down time on the trip to be able to do that. Wednesday’s submarine story was fun, but it was time consuming. The end wasn’t as good as the beginning.

No comments: