Thursday, April 07, 2011

Nacho Eating Contest "Winner"?

At lunch I went to Taco Mac with nine younger guys. Three of us got the huge chicken nachos plate. If we finished, the other guys would pay. Probably not a good idea.

Mild-mannered Doug went to work and polished off the whole thing pretty quickly. Boastful Clayton started strong, faded, and finally gave up. I started eating constantly and kept eating, but fell behind the other two. Based on the limited time we had, I didn't think I could eat it all. Luckily it took a long time for the check to come, so I was able to finish. I would've never made it had the chips been covered in melted cheese. Instead there was just a whole bunch of chips, some chicken and grated cheese, and a whole bunch of lettuce.

By finishing it all, I got it for free. All afternoon I was full, but not miserable. Need to work out tonight for sure!

Heyward crushed another one last night. SI says he needs to bat second, with McLouth at the bottom of the order.

Cheap tires...good old Tire Deals, across from where Donna Freund worked. I can't remember if they're open on Saturday or not. Go early and avoid the rush. $100.00 for two tires, installed. Cash.

I've been doggedly working all week to get ready for next week's trip.

If the government shuts down on Friday, on Saturday morning this bad boy will be parking in the Loading Zone (Conan O'Brien).

No comments: