Monday, April 04, 2011

George P Burdell


This weekend I had a little George P Burdell experience. Several months ago I had “become a friend” of old George P on Facebook. He must be a quiet chap, because I rarely heard from him. This weekend I looked up Jeff Hullinger, the former Channel 5 sportscaster, who is now announcing the news on Channel 11. One of the Facebook friends we have in common was George P Burdell.


For most of Friday I was the only member of the four person EZGo team at work, and I had lots to do. Thursday was month end, and I had still hoped to leave at 3 pm. Silly me…I worked from 6 am to 5:30 pm.


Had to pick up Will in Woodstock. I thought it was at seven, but I didn’t see his 5:33 text saying to pick him up at eight until I was almost there. Too late to go home, so I wandered around Woodstock. Bought a copy of Dan Brown’s latest: The Lost Symbol.


While wandering, I checked out ECB (for WI-FI). Will’s doubleheader had been cancelled due to the wet weather, but ALL the other fields were being used. Crown’s website brags about the great field it uses, but every year almost half the home games are cancelled due to wet conditions. I’d rather play more games on a lesser field.


C, W, and M went to visit UAB. Living Science meeting on Saturday morning, and I worked to finish the winter/spring clothes swap.

No comments: