Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Bat Attack!

Last night C, A, & M didn't get home until 7 pm. I was bushed, and had about fallen asleep both before and after dinner. Later I got a second wind.

Eventually Anna and Ceil went upstairs. Later I heard Anna screaming, not the usual screams of delight and excitement. As I walked toward the foyer, I could see the shadow of something flying around. In her room, Anna had left the door to the attic open for some reason, and a brown bat flew in her room, then out into the foyer. Eventually it flew through the living room to the dining room, where it perched on the crown molding.

I opened the doors and tried to shoo it outside. It flew into the living room, then flew circles until it got tired and then perched again on the crown molding. The bat kept flying, then perching. It had a wingspan of almost a foot. Eventually I opened the two living room windows. Finally it flew back into the foyer, then out the open front door. At least I hope it flew outside. I didn't actually see it leave, but I did re-check the whole house without finding it.

Watched a good chunk of the Braves game. It was the first one I could just sit there and watch. Down 1-0 in the eighth, Uggla gets thrown out stealing, with Gonzalez up with one out. Hinske on deck. Would Bobby have stolen in that situation? The easy answer is no. What will all the critics say? Eventually the "what would Bobby have done?" question will stop being asked.

They're having a Masters pool here in the office, where you pick the winner and 2 runners-up. Whoever picks the three lowest finishers wins. Any ideas? I picked Michelson, Kuchar, and Baddeley.

Mary is the BIG crusader. She'll be on my Jekyll trip.

Last Friday I dreamt a fellow from work left me a voicemail. He didn't speak it, instead he sang the message, karaoke-style. Ever since then I've had that tune in my head.

I read Lang's article on the food website. At some point I've got to stop talking about working out, and start working out.

No comments: