Tuesday, September 08, 2015

Labor Day Weekend

One of Anna's latest drawings.
 
Friday I left at 5 pm and drove straight home. M and his friend Zack spread out wood chips down one side of the driveway. M and I stopped by Taco Bell on the way to the JFCA football game. When we arrived at the Sprayberry stadium no one was there – it must’ve been cancelled. Instead we stopped by three thrift stores and Chickfila for a milkshake. We were home by 8:30. I think I watched The Middle and worked on the computer.
 
Saturday morning I cleaned upstairs, then downstairs. Watched College Game Day and the UGA game. Did a bunch until 2 pm, then drove M to Suwanee to meet McKinnon. I drove to Buford and arrived early for the Gwinnett Braves game. Traded Gwinnett bobbleheads for Mississippi Braves bobbleheads and bought a green GBraves cap. Sat across from the same grandfather and two grandsons we had sat behind at the Glavine bobblehead game. Afterwards I turned left out of the stadium and drove 17 miles on Highway 20 to pick up M. Back home I was sick – upset stomach. I had felt bad at the game – perhaps some old food I’d eaten earlier in the day, if not the RaceTrac hot dog before the game.
 
Sunday morning I still felt bad so I stayed home from church. Later I drove M to Alpharetta. Got my oil changed on the way back and used a Wendy’s coupon. Didn’t pick up M until 9 pm.
 
Monday I cleaned more upstairs, then folded laundry downstairs while watching the Sandra Bulloch movie While You Were Sleeping. Did the dishes. Will arrived after spending the night over at the Normans. We watched golf and I moved wood chips. M cooked chicken enchiladas and worked on his skateboard. Ceil arrived around 5:30. Had Papa John’s pizza for supper and watched Ohio State / Virginia Tech.
 
When the kids were little (and before) we might go to north Georgia. Now there’s so much to do around the house, or one of the kids had something to do, or something else.
 
I kept up with the Braves this weekend but did not watch. Saw where Olivera was scratched from Sunday’s game after fouling a ball off his foot Saturday night.
 

No comments: