Saturday, August 17, 2019

Stafford Street

Will and Mary-Clayton’s new house is about a mile and a half from Mercedes Benz Stadium. You just go down to the end of his street, take a right on MLK, and it dead ends into the stadium. More on the house on Monday, including their plans to take out the huge bushes in front.

Depending on her route, MC will have a ten to 15 mile commute to work, close to the new North Atlanta High School off Northside Parkway near the river. Will’s commute will be between seven and ten miles, depending on the route. He doesn’t have to get on the interstate, though that’s faster.


That heat can get to you. After Ceil had spent Wednesday helping Will at his house, the next morning she “felt” like she was in her 60’s. Last night Anna came in exhausted from helping Will. They’re refinishing his hardwood floors.

Sleep: I’ve been more cognizant about when I wake up in the middle of the night and aren’t sleeping, since I got the sleep app on my phone. I’ve been trying to go to bed earlier. Should get a CPAP machine this weekend. Hopefully that will improve things.

Plans change. Ceil and Anna were going shopping last night. Then A stayed late helping Will. Ceil and I were going out, then C she didn’t want to. I drove her to Trader Joes instead. It was 7:30, and as I dropped her off I remembered the free Wendy’s bacon cheeseburger, so I went through the drive-thru while C was inside Trader Joes. Also got a crispy chicken sandwich and senior citizen diet Coke, all for $1.47. But then after Holy Moly mini golf ended at 9 pm I wasn’t feeling well. Went upstairs and threw up.

Bill and Lynn Teem’s Chattanooga apartment was struck by lightning and caught fire. Bill was at a church meeting. Lynn is a deep sleeper but was woken up by their normally quiet dog. The door was blocked by the fire so Lynn opened the window. She tossed the dog into the bushes (he’s okay) and a firefighter rescued her as she hung out the window. Lynn and the fireman were taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation, but later released. Their community is helping the Teems through the aftermath.

Did the Falcons play Thursday night? I missed it. Actually I could’ve gone. The work tickets were available, but I passed.

Read a sneaker article I thought would appeal to me, by a guy too old to wear cool sneakers. He is in his 30’s! According to him, guys my age are even more out of touch. Maybe I do need to dial it back a bit, though not because of this guy. I shouldn’t post the link, but here it is.  

No comments: