Saturday, August 03, 2019

The President is Missing

“The President is Missing” is pretty good. POTUS is dealing with (1) an impending terrorist threat on American soil, (2) a debilitating illness, (3) a traitor in his inner circle, (4) an assassination attempt, and (5) impending congressional hearings all at the same time.  
 
Six hours at a water park is pretty good. He must’ve packed some snacks or something. When we used to go to those water parks I loved them and wanted to stay as long as possible to get my money’s worth. Didn’t leave there early. Tried to go when it opened before the crowds got too thick. That’s a place like putt putt where it can get real crowded and you have to wait in line more than actually riding the rides.
 
Hymns are good. Probably the main reason why I wish I could drag Ceil to the traditional service. I should’ve subscribed to that Denison daily email years ago. Better than most.
 
I was trying to remember what subjects I liked in school. If I liked the teached I probably liked the subject better. Seems like I wasn’t crazy about any subject, particularly math. It was all school. But I did probably like history better than anything. Nowadays I like to read books on Presidents, and that has spread to other world leaders, generals, and even wars going back to the Revolutionary War.
 
Went home Monday and crashed on the couch. Christian couldn’t talk or eat due to his wisdom tooth surgery. C fixed burritos and I fixed me two enchilidas. A&C and C watched “The Bachelorette.” Not my fave. I went to bed at 9:30. A&C went to CFA for milkshakes.
 
Tuesday: Ceil’s first day back at her school. Not sure when classes start.
 
My doctor visit went well. Got two vaccinations, for shingles and something else. Drew blood for other tests. Arrived at 1:15 and didn’t finish for two hours. Stopped by Chickfila afterwards since I hadn’t eaten.
 
Before my appointment I went home to change. A&C had just left to go to Athens. M and C were gone. Barney didn’t get up off the couch when I came in. He might’ve been asleep.
 
Not long after I got home from the doctor Ceil had to leave to go to her Tuesday night mission work. I spent the evening catching up on month end computer work. Watched the Braves and The Parent Trap. Ate some leftover chicken parmesan but it made me feel queasy.  
 
Worked until almost 6 pm Wednesday night. Got a decent amount done. Month end. Ran a report and all the profit in the SE region for a particular segment of orders came from my team’s orders.
 
Wednesday night Anna and Christian took Matthew down with them to Joel & Charles Norman’s Bellwood Coffee. They met Will and Mary-Clayton and they all took part in Harry Potter Trivia night. A&C had been re-reading the Harry Potter books since they graduated, trying to read them at the same pace. Christian is a big reader and is glad to be out of school where he has more time to read whatever he wants, as opposed to what he’s had to read for school. Anna had been a reader as well. I’ve suggested books but not sure she takes my suggestions. Harry Potter is NOT my genre.

Ceil cooked salmon for herself. A&C and M might’ve eaten salmon as well. She cooked me chicken. Also rice and green beans. Not much else. I went to bed at 9:30, as I’ve become a slave to the sleep app on my phone, that says I’m not getting enough sleep. Guess I need to monkey with the settings.
 
Feeling better but lately whenever I eat I haven’t felt quite as good. Need to stop eating, but it is so fun. Probably need a root canal. .
 
Thursday: lunch at Taco Mac with a former coworker. He was running late so it took longer than I would’ve like. He got boneless wings and I got a burger and onion rings. Not bad. My birthday is coming up soon so I am getting all these email meal deals: Ruby Tuesday, Red Robin, Texas Roadhouse, Hooters, Cicis Pizza, Baskin Robbins, Moes.  
 
Worked til 530. M and C cooked fixings for lettuce wraps – spicy chicken, diced carrots, rice, etc.  Anna went to the Braves game with the crew from her old job at High Country Outfitters. It was C, M, and Christian for dinner.
 
We watched the start of the game, then turned it over to HOLY MOLY, then just a little of the Falcons, then back to the Braves. When the rains came we kept it on for a little bit, then Matthew flipped it over to a horror movie: Get Out, starring Bradley Whitford and Catherine Keener. I went to bed.

Just got blood tests back. Slightly high cholesterol. Recommended to cut out high carbohydrate foods, take daily vitamin D, and get more exercise.
 
Friday: Zaxbys for lunch. Saturday night gathering. Hopefully not much else.
 
News: I’m speaking in Sunday School this week – for 5 minutes about small groups. Not sure yet what I will say.

No comments: