Friday, August 09, 2019

Field of Dreams Act 2

See where on Aug 13, 2020 the Yankees and the White Sox are playing a game in the Iowa cornfield near Dyersburg where Field of Dream was filmed. They’re leaving the original field and farmhouse intact, but building a temporary 8000 seat ballpark with a walkway through the cornfield for the players to appear. The game will be nationally televised. 

MLB player’s weekend is coming up. This year the teams are either wearing head to toe white or head to toe black. The Braves will be wearing black caps, jerseys, pants, and socks. Players can wear crazy shoes, armbands, and sleeves. The players are starting to come up with funny nicknames for the backs. Freddie Freeman honors his brothers. Folty will wear “HIGH FOLTAGE” on his back. 

My neighbor at work just booked a cruise for Sept 1-8, looping from Florida through the Gulf with two stops in Mexico plus other stops. Balcony room.
 
Left work shortly after five. M wasn’t home and Anna was going out to eat with a friend in Woodstock. Ceil went kayaking on lake Arrowhead northeast of Canton with MC’s mom, and Carol, the mom of MC’s brother’s girlfriend. Carol lives near us in East Cobb and they also attend Johnson Ferry. Her son Connor played basketball at Oglethorpe, and set the career three point record.

I stopped to eat ten boneless BBQ wings. Got them free for my birthday. Last time I had ordered fries as well, and all of it was too much to eat. Skipped the fries this time. BBQ sauce had a little kick as opposed to being sweet. Was full when I left. Watched a little of the Braves and less of the Falcons. Didn’t matter that the Falcons lost since they were looking at players to decide who to keep and who to cut.
 
Matthew made straight A’s at Georgia State this summer. His overall GPA is 3.0. Signing him up for the State Farm good student discount. He wants to take a full load this fall so he can move to the downtown campus. On weekends he’s working at Whole Foods and in his free time he’s working on a farm near the Atlanta Food Bank. Has brought home fresh tomatoes and cucumbers. M has also been rock climbing, using his student discount.
 
W&MC closed on their house yesterday. Earlier Matthew took Will’s blower and edge trimmer down and got his first tour of the place. Here's the side of the house.

Feel like I have been on the go, so last night it was good to be able to chill at home. Wednesday we had the big dinner which was fun. Tuesday evening I ate out then cut the grass. Monday I forget.
 
Went out this morning for my walk/run and my knees were hurting, so I cut if off early and went back and worked with weights. Didn’t feel like a good sleep night but not bad according to my app. My knees feel fine now.
 
Bad news: today’s BBQ lunch meeting was canceled. At least I’ll be able to get more work done. Did I mention on Saturday Ceil and I are going for Korean BBQ?

No comments: