Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Sonic Socks

Loving my new Sonic the Hedgehog socks. Passed on some red Braves Star Wars socks that were on sale. My collection is growing:  
 
Braves royal feather socks
Braves knee high striped socks
Braves red white blue socks
Hawks green & royal socks
Grizzlies light blue socks
Masters green striped socks
Sonic black checkerboard socks (work)
Sonic blue socks (fashion)
Sonic white socks (workout)
Batman socks
Red white & blue striped socks
 
Right now I am reading 3 books at one time. Another Steve Berry book – one of the plots has to do with the English monarchy – family of Tudors. Also a novel about a women’s tennis professional: The Singles Game, by Lauren Weisberger.
 
The baseball book “I Don’t Care if We Never get Back” is dragging a bit, as the two buds traveling cross country continue to butt heads. One doesn’t even like baseball – he just wanted to see the country. Drama though, as they forgot what time zone they were in and missed the start of a game, breaking one of their rules (must be in the stadium to see the first and last pitch). We’ll see if they can rebound to see 30 full games in 30 days – they still have a chance.   
 
Speaking of golf, on Thursday I’m going to the Tour Championship with Will. Neither of us have ever been to East Lake. Have you ever been there?
 
Left work about 5:15 on Friday. Thought I’d be meeting a guy to sell him some bobbleheads but he never hit me up. Watched a good chunk of the Braves/Dodgers. Ceil broke a glass unloading the dishwasher and tossed the shards into the trash can.
 
Cleaned upstairs Saturday morning. Was taking out the trash and the plastic bag brushed against my leg – deep cut. Took some time to get it to stop bleeding. M had to work at Whole Foods. Ceil and Anna had gone down to help at W&MC’s new house. I was going, but it took forever. Had to get my leg to stop bleeding. Stopped at RaceTrac for a drink, then Taco Bell for lunch. Then I realized my gas tank was low, so I had to backtrack to RaceTrac. Then I hit every slowdown and red light.
 
W and A were brushing a coat of polyurethane on the refinished hardwood floors, but the fumes were driving them crazy. MC was painting the front door. Ceil ran to CFA for lunch. Then I cut the grass while the rest cleared out brush. Will is going to get a huge dumpster to throw all the debris in: ivy, overgrown bushes, wood, bricks, barrels, old tires, etc. The girls went to Home Depot for more paint. Will and I met his next door neighbor, an elderly woman named Miss Jackie.
 
Will and I headed out before the girls got back. Later they finished painting the door. W went home and showered. I took MLK to Northside, passing Mercedes Benz Stadium. Then up Northside to Goodwill. Found a nice pullover and a new three pack of socks. Stopped by Publix for Powerade. Went over to Will’s apartment where we all met before dinner.
 
Ate at the Antico Pizza on Hemphill, just down from the Tech campus. Two pizzas for five folk. Then over to Westside Provisions for Jeni’s Ice Cream. On the way home I stopped by Publix and Kroger for Ceil, who stayed up late cooking for Anna’s birthday. I went to bed.
 
Our Sunday School class has couples of all ages. Since our teacher is the staff member in charge of foreign missions, whenever a missionary couple passes through they usually attend our class. This past Sunday morning a young couple (+/-30) that had recently gotten married had brought the bride’s little sister, in her early 20’s. After the class we were talking to them and the little sister was excited to see Ceil – years ago they had taken art classes together. The bride just shook her head. A few weeks ago one of the other class leaders had discovered that bride’s parents were real good friends of theirs. Those parents attend Fellowship Bible Church, where Claire goes.
 
Later back home I took a nap. Then back down to W&M’s to coat the floors. The Gilberts stopped by. Then C needed to stop by IKEA. While waiting I ate two veggie hot dogs (bleh). The weirdo IKEA soda didn’t taste good so I refilled with a slurpee instead. Gassed up C’s car. Got home around 6:30. Cut the grass and blew the drive, then chilled the rest of the evening.
 
Trying to leave work earlier, but Monday it seemed like everything hit right at 5 pm. Drove straight home. M and C were cooking spicy chicken lettuce wraps. I ate black beans and rice. Later I drove to Lowe’s to make sure I was ready for my focus group. Almost forgot to stop by the bank. Last night I figured out that yesterday afternoon I emailed someone the exact same email I had emailed them earlier in the day. I must be losing my mind.
 
Busy morning. Our customer was coming to visit, so I wore my nice new Bobby Jones EZGO dress shirt. Freshly ironed. Had our meetings. Lots of talking. Then I was asked to lead the plant tour. Hot, and I had to do a lot of talking – loudly. Plant tours always wear out my voice.
 
I had a special 1 pm focus group, which meant I had to turn down lunch at J Alexanders / Redlands Grille, which is just like Stoney River Steak House. Would’ve been a nice addition to my August list of dinners eaten out, which I will publish next week. My boss brought back dessert from Redlands, so I guess I won’t be going out to eat on the way home this afternoon. The carrot cake from Redlands is RICH. I also had a taste of the chocolate cake. Will save Fuddruckers and Rudy Tuesday for the weekend.
 
Instead I drove over to the Lowe’s on Beaver Ruin for my focus group, which consisted of me talking for 30 more minutes, to an audience of four listeners/question askers. Not too bad, but now my voice is gone and I don’t want to talk any more the rest of the day.
  
News: also picked up my CPAP machine. Now I gotta figure out how to use it. My friend who gave me the sleep machine acted like I would need someone to explain how it works. Not sure it is self-adjusting or not. It does have instructions. We’ll see. Stay tuned for more details. Before I started monitoring my sleep, I would’ve sworn I slept better than I do. Now I’m more aware of when I wake up. If I eat too much before bed I can tell how that effects my sleep. Will be interesting this weekend to see if I sleep better without big Barney in the bed.
 
Might have to try out that robot pizza place. Surprised there’s no hubbub about the robots taking jobs away from illegal aliens.
 
Tomorrow: Georgia Tech's new uniforms.

No comments: