Sunday, July 12, 2020

Old Days

Spent the week sorting through old things: at the house, at old photos, blah blah blah. A couple of Anna stood out.
 A lot of good in this photo above:
Vince Carter in a classic Hawks uniform. 
Radar meets Steve Garvey and Tommy Lasorda on Fantasy Island.
Dug out several old garment bags from a closet,
including this gift for SPdL Mighty Mite basketball coaches.
Plus several garment bags that came with my grandfather's house.
This one was over 40 years old.
January 22, 1985. The one time David Hurt visited my Greenwood Avenue apartment. He took one look at my calendar and never forgot my entry: "Went to mall. Bought gloves." Never let me forget. I finally stumbled across that calendar entry this past week. Those were the days.
 Scott Hunter.
Kicks # 48: all black knockoff Nike Hauraches. I was an early Huarache adopter back in the day. When they were reintroduced I tried out one of two pair but neither connected. Moved on to the Reebok Fury and other similar sneakers. Snapped up this cheap pair when I saw them, even though I was pretty sure they were Chinee knockoffs. I wear them around the house like houseshoes, especially in cold weather.

No comments: