Sunday, July 05, 2020

Will's Birthday

W&MC and Anna evidently enjoyed some birthday cocktails
before Matthew, Ceil, and I arrived with dinner.
Ceil and Matthew did all the meal prep before we left home.
When we arrived at Stafford Street everyone helped with the final prep. 
Matthew brought his cleaver to cut the meat.
After the meal we were packing things up to take home
and I cut my finger on the cleaver.
Steak, chicken, corn tortillas made by Matthew, flour tortillas, two cheeses, queso, raw onions, grilled onions, mild salsa, hot salsa, rice, fresh corn, and homemade refried beans, blue chips, corn chips.
My joke about the butter coming from Montana
fell as flat as a Butte.
Today was my mother's 90th birthday. We hope to see her soon.
Today was also the birthday of Andrea Irwin Nickel, Rich Morris, Scott Morris, and slingshot expert Lilly Niebur. 
The Hawks fielded a team that included Pete Maravich, Walt Bellamy (#8), Lou Hudson, and Julius Erving (#54).
For three preseason games. That must've been why Lang wore #54.
Andruw Jones won ten Gold Gloves and hit 434 home runs,
but received scant Hall of Fame consideration.
Should've retired a couple of seasons earlier.
 Okie took care of Anna while W&MC traveled to Ann Arbor.
 Seen on a t-shirt.
Never really a fan of the Redskins uniforms. Especially the yellow facemasks. I liked the 60's unis better, and the 70's unis were okay. Their name could be changed in the next few weeks, but new uniforms will probably take a year or two to finalize. An early favorite is the RedHawks. Friday i saw a decent looking Kirk Cousins #8 Redskins jersey at a thrift store and considered buying it as a collectors item, but passed.  
Kicks # 44: my blue / grey / black Salomon XACOMP7s. Waterproof hiking shoes. Both Will and Anna have some, from their stints working at Camp Highland. Always thought I might get me a pair if the right deal came along, and I found this pair in my favorite colors. They look better in real life than in this photo. Sturdy. Great for north Georgia. Keepers.

No comments: