Tuesday, May 17, 2022

NFT: Not For Thee

Know what a NFT is? Supposedly they are things like artwork or a baseball card that you can own, that you can pay good money for - that don't really exist in the real world. NFT's are not an object you can hold, but something one of a kind you keep in your computer or phone. Sounds crazy, doesn't it? We talked about it over dinner last night, like me the kids, in their 20's, had no desire to own one. But I've decided to become a NFT comedian. Found a guy who sold me a truckload of NFT's. He's even going to deliver them to my house. I can bring you one if you want. Left a NFT in my pants pocket when I washed them, and the NFT was ruined. Joan left all her NFT's to Matthew.   

I am going to stay away from the NFT's. No desire. Guess I should've taken the free NFT offered to me by the Hawks. 

You never know what social media post is going to go viral. I post something to join in a conversation, then all of a sudden it gets, lets see, over 8000 impressions, 200 likes, 350 engagements, 18 retweets, 17 comments, 14 profile visits (but only one "all-important" new followers). One of my most popular tweets ever, a photo of Joe Rudi's great catch in the World Series against the Big Red Machine. As a kid that was my all time favorite catch, along with Met Ron Swoboda's diving stab in the 69 World Series against Baltimore. I bought a Rudi batg at a thrift store.    

Yesterday evening around 6 pm a cloud had come up that knocked out the power. I had gotten a decent amount of work done but was finishing up an email. My laptop and mouse and keyboard was acting funny so I unplugged it and took a break.

Will and Matthew and their cousins Catherine and Jordan were cooking Mexican for supper. There is a gas range so they were able to continue. Several fancy dishes including spicy chicken, corn slaw, refried beans, Mexican rice, cheese dips, two salsas, and both corn and flour tortillas. Anna helped. She and MC held flashlights. There is a closet stuffed full of candles, so soon the kitchen was awash in candlelight. Supper was served and we ate out on the back deck. The power came on at 8:20.

The kids are hanging out in the kitchen. Not good for my diet. Will and Jordan cooked breakfast scrambled eggs bacon and potatoes. We still have leftovers, then someone brought more KFC and fixins. I had an egg salad sandwich, later a small plate bacon eggs and a few potatoes. Later still one piece of pizza. Then one KFC chicken strip and some potato. Matthew and Jordan ran to the grocery. Now M is mixing and baking cookies, in a bakeoff with Jordan.   

Knowing M sleeps late and I had to get up to work, I gave him the last bed and I slept on the couch. I slept better last night than the night before when I'd been full of caffeine for the drive. Work today was constant, rushing from one problem to another. Haven't touched the project I need to complete.

Edie has always seemed young to me. For sure she could pass for 70. My favorite character on Young Sheldon is the grandmother, played by actress Annie Potts. She's 68 but wears a wig to look older.

GT QB Jeff Sims is talented, but injury prone. The Jackets may have just upgraded, as Clemson's backup QB just transferred to The Flats. QB Phomma was a step behind at Clemson, probably dropping to third string next season, but would be an upgrade for the Jackets.

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/sports/college/clemson/2022/05/16/ex-clemson-football-quarterback-taisun-phommachanh-commits-georgia-tech-acc/9800976002/__;!!AE29DT8V!Vitk4ghyfHicmGeI4gAbdL7wqVY-tzw5GDvs5MjgaCetJrXrd68ou1G8gTdgEyU99dC2RvXRqtA16Nl8lPM$

DAVID CONE  [SABR Biowho was the last right-handed pitcher to win twenty games in a season for the New York Mets, before RA Dickey. Cone was 20-3 in 1988 for NYM. Dickey's record was 20-6 in his CYA year 2012Before Roger Clemens, Cone was the last pitcher to win twenty games in a season for the New York Yankees. Cone was 20-7 in 1998 for NYY. Clemens was 20-3 in in his CYA year 2001Cone's CYA was in 1994, pitching for KCRWhen he won his first World Series ring, it wasn't with any of those three teams. Cone was an important part of the 1992 TOR WS champs.

No comments: