Saturday, June 11, 2022

First Bite: Tazza Kitchen

Thursday we all drove to Raleigh. Lunch at a hip bistro Dawn picked out: Tazza Kitchen. They'd eaten at the Richmond Tazza. From the menu it could've been a chain: burgers, bowls, salads, pizzas. But instead unique, homemade dishes. Ceil and Dawn ate bowls with rice, chicken, and a BBQ like sauce. Myron and I ate burgers - he with black beans and me a side salad. Good stuff. Should've asked for the bun to be toasted.

Supper was back across the sound in downtown Edenton. Had another burger and side salad, this time with a brussel sprout casserole.

While I was gone this week at least six coworkers tested positive. I'll be working from home next week.

Friday: Left Merry Hill at 8:30 am. Pulled in the driveway at 7 pm. M picked up Chinese takeout for sup.
Make it 25 out of 337 - that's up to 7.4%. Braves won their 10th straight.

Golf this morning.
1. Decent tee shot. Great hybrid over the trap to the fringe. good chip. Two putt for bogey.
2. Three wood pin high to fringe. Great lag putt but missed the par putt. Still a great start.
3. Decent 6 iron off tee that rolled off the fringe down into the gulch. Okay chip out. Double bogey.
4. Cruddy tee shot and chips. Finally made a good lag putt close. Robert was playing great, hitting long tee shots with his irons. On almost every hole he was missing long putts by inches.
5. Thought my tee shot had gone right so I hit a provisional. Decent chip, then found my first ball pin high in the rough. Double bogey.
6. Cruddy tee shot, so I had to punch out. Two good 5 irons out of the rough. Eight iron to back fringe. Should've chipped, but hit my putter - straight into the cup. Shot of the day. Right after that Robert sank a long putt as well.
7. Decent drive off tee that sliced up the hill. Two tries with my hybrid advanced the ball down the fairway, 8 iron flubbed right, two poor pitches, then finally made good lag putt. Too many to count.
8. Decided to cut back on my swing. My drive started left and drew right, getting a good bounce and roll down the hill to the middle of the fairway. One of my longest drives ever. Eight iron chunked into the high grass. Took two chips to blast out. Good lag. Double bogey.
9. Popped up my tee shot, high and right to the trees. Punched out, then chipped to the fringe. Three putt. Triple.
This week I should be able to practice almost every day.

No comments: